First Things First
- Choose the date of your event.
- Estimate the number of players expected.
- A deposit and a signed contract are due immediately to secure the date.
- Assess your food & beverage needs and reserve the banquet facility. (Call Tonya or George Iongi @ 801-654-2764 or 801-884-6696)
Things 6 to 8 weeks prior to your event
- Assess your merchandise needs for:
- Tee gifts (Shirts, golf balls, etc).
- Tournament prizes (Merchandise that will require custom logos will take approximately 4-6 weeks to be delivered).
- Staff and volunteer needs.
- Order banners and/or hole sponsorship signs.
- Order hole-in-one insurance if needed.
- Keep Eaglewood updated on estimated number of players.
3 Weeks Things Prior to Your Event
- Choose your menu and finalize food/beverage contract.
- Determine the format of your competition.
- Hole-in-one insurance and prize information.
- Special needs for sponsors or volunteers.
Week Prior to Your Event (See 7 Day Information Sheet)
- Final player count due.
- Needs for registration (# of tables, location, etc.).
- Gift Certificate needs.
- Closest to the pin and long drive requests.
- Decide on additional amenities (range balls & scoring services).
- Print rules sheets. (At least one per cart)
Days Prior to Your Event
- Send a player listing/pairings sheet to the course by e-mail or fax. An Excel spreadsheet is the preferred method for player listings.
- Communicate any changes or questions you may have.
1 Day Prior to Your Event
- Communicate any last minute changes to the golf course tournament coordinator.
Things Day of Your Event
- Final payment due to the course.
- Have your volunteers distribute and place signs on the golf course.
- Allow ½ hour prior to your start for registration for every 40 players (e.g. 2 hours for 140 players, 1 hour for 80 players).
After Your Event
- Remember to pick up any left over prizes.
- Remember to pick up any banners or signs.
- Reserve a date for next year.